Ka Ni KanichihkKa Ni Kanichihk
To honour the spirit of our ancestors and seek their wisdom to guide our peoples back to balance and wellness. Our people have come home. We are self-determining, healthy, happy and respected for our cultural and spiritual strengths and ways of being.
Our Mandate: We provide Aboriginal identified programs and services that focus on wholeness and wellness and that build on the strengths and resilience of Aboriginal peoples. We do this to help people to help themselves, to build healthy relationships and to create a sustainable future for our community.
Our Values & Beliefs: At Ka Ni Kanichihk we honour the laws of our Creator, the knowledge of our ancestors and our responsibility to the children; those that are here now and those still waiting to come – seven generations from now.
At Ka Ni Kanichihk, we…
- Walk our Talk
- Share strength, health and wellness of Indigenous Peoples
- Provide welcoming and safe environments
- Walk in balance with strength, values and Indigenous Knowledge
- Value belonging, mastery, and generosity
- Believe in independence and interdependence (with all our relations)
- Create relevant programming in partnership with our community