The Human Rights Hub provides a central space to coordinate and promote the events and activities of the many individuals and groups in Winnipeg taking action on human rights issues! The Hub focuses on local activities, but has a global outlook on issues.
Check out what the Hub can do for you—and what you can contribute through the Hub!
Development of the Human Rights Hub Winnipeg was supported by an Emerging Leader’s Fellowship from the Winnipeg Foundation. We are grateful for the continued funding we have received from the Winnipeg Foundation’s Community Grants Program!
Founder & Managing Director
Former executive, assist with communications
–Provincial Council of Women of Manitoba:
–Friends of Shoal Lake 40:
Winnipeggers care – this has been proven to me again and again, whether by the 100s of Winnipeggers that march outside every February to raise awareness about missing and murdered Indigenous women, or by the 700+ events we’ve seen on the Hub’s calendar in the first 8 months alone! There’s no shortage of issues that need to be addressed in our city, but I am heartened by the actions and changes being made.
My hope is that the Human Rights Hub will foster relationships between Winnipeggers and the organizations working to make our city, country and world a better place for all.
Grant Administrator & Supervisor
Indigenous Education Working Group Member
–Winnipeg Poverty Reduction Council (United Way):
The Hub provides a new space for your organization to expand its audience and gain new followers, donors and volunteers! By linking to your web site, we help you increase your traffic!
- The central calendar allows your organization to share its upcoming events in a one-stop shop for human rights events.
Pro tip: Check out our calendar when scheduling your events!
- The key-worded organization profiles allow interested citizens to browse organizations working in a certain sector, providing an invaluable opportunity for further engagement.
- The opportunities page allows you to promote current employment positions to a larger audience, and reach many potential volunteers!
- With our central calendar, you can easily find out about all of the great events occurring in our city, ridding Winnipeg of FOMO (fear of missing out) one socially-conscious person at a time. We bet you’ll be surprised by the amount of events there are!
- The key-worded organization profiles allow you to search for organizations working in a specific field, which is a great way to learn about organizations to get involved with!